Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Take a seat!" - "What'll I do with it?"

This is a line from the 3 Stooges, repeated by Abbott and Costello and used by many comedic teams over the years. Finally, after 80+ years of this question existing in the atmosphere, I have found the answer!
I love to have fun. Many times when I am choosing the décor for a room, I throw in a little whimsy. For example, in my kitchen I have a framed illustration from a very old book (the title of which I do not know) that has a picture of a young boy comforting his even younger sister, saying, "Do not cry, dear sister. I will say that it was I who broke the plate." It is simple, it is odd, and it is fun! I always smile when I see it. And I think people get so caught up in trying to make their homes look like Architectural Digest that they forget to add a little personality.
Today, I found a sweet little chair at ReStore for $2.50. It was marked at $5, but it was in the "curbside sale," so it was half off.
I didn't immediately know what I wanted to do with it, which is often what happens. I couldn't pass it up for that price, though! So I looked up some ideas on Pinterest. Among other ideas, I found an office chair makeover I really loved.
I wasn't going to upholster, so I decided to just paint my idea! Voilà!
Personally, I love it. So much personality. And so simple! Again less than 5 dollars (and yes - that includes paint!) to makeover a fun little old chair. Not looking so old anymore, eh?
Happy thrifting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment