Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Something Extra

I had $80 in my pocket today, and I was determined to get some new clothes. New. Not thrifted. Not ordered used online. New. My husband and I decided we would stop by Ross or Marshall's or Burlington or TJ Maxx and get something new. We headed out to the stores and I immediately checked the clearance racks... out of habit. There were some very beautiful things, but nothing in my size (XL), at least not anything I liked. I did something I never do - I shopped in the plus-size section. Everything seemed to be either too big or made for women who want to cover themselves all up. Now, I'm no slutty dresser, but I like to show a little skin - some cleavage at least every once in a while. There was nothing there for me! I must have looked for over an hour, searching for something - ANYTHING - cute in my size. Nothing.
Frustrated and slightly depressed, I decided to just peek at the home goods. Oh. Em. Gee.
I saw more beautiful things than I had seen in one place in a long time. It was like a dream. I came to the store for clothes, and I ended up walking out with 3 vases and a monogrammed wall plaque.
I only spent $22, so we went to a thrift store I rarely go to anymore - Village Discount Outlet. It's so crowded all the time, but that only makes me determined to find a better deal. I wanted to find something fun to rehab, and after picking up a few more vases (I'll explain what I'm doing with them later - it's awesome), I peeked at the tops. Right off the bat, I found 2 I liked. One of them fit me. I had bought something cute! My day out was not in vain!
This is just another example of why thrifting is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment