Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thrift Store Finds - 8-2-13

I found some great things at Second Life Thrift Store this past Friday, and here they are!
This frame is one I happen to plan on using to frame a piece of art my daughter made, but it is so elegant, it could be used as a simple wall hanging on its own (like in my entry that I posted about a couple months ago). I love gold so much lately, and this has those simple, yet beautiful, designs in the corners, making it perfectly understated and ideal as an accent piece.
If you do plan on using something like this as a frame, as I do, you could go the cheap route and post the canvas in yourself, or you could take it to a professional framer. Yes, those places can be expensive, but the biggest expense is always the frame, and you've got that covered!
This one cost $2.50.

Ok, so a friend of mine from high school (sister of my friends, but same thing, basically) was telling me about an idea she had to make a tray she was given into a picture frame using Mod Podge. Genius! When she finishes, I'll be featuring it in a post, but in the mean time, I thought I'd give it a try.
This small golden tray cost $1.50.

Now, this guy.... I love him. He was in the toy section, but he should have been with home décor. Not a big deal - I got him cheaper as a toy! He is handmade, and I think he's adorable. I thought about painting him, but I don't think I will. The dark wood on it is actually in almost perfect shape, and besides, someone spent a lot of time putting this together. I figure he should be honored as he is.
He only cost $1.50!
So these were my finds. Perhaps you would do something very specific with them if you had them to yourself. Feel free to share what that might be!
Happy thrifting!

2 comments: