Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect

I thought I would just take a little time to talk to you all about something we all have, though it's not the same for any of us: imperfections.
I have always had them, physically, emotionally, in my parenting... parentally? Anyway, we're all imperfect, and anyone who thinks they aren't, well, bless their soul. But they're wrong.
The same goes for our actions. While we try our best to make the right choices every day, we don't always. Not only are we not perfect, but neither are our actions.
Sometimes I get a little too philosophical and I apply my thoughts to my projects. Even the whole reason, or at least one of the main reasons, that I redeem what others have cast aside is that I think it is such a great metaphor for life.
And now there's a project of mine I'd like to show you...

This is my little green table friend. I picked her up from St. Mary's rummage sale a couple weeks ago.
Yes, I've talked about that sale a lot, but I found a lot there to talk about.
Anyway, she was actually in pretty great shape - I even liked her color - but she needed major cleaning. She was full of spiders and ain't nobody got time for that.
After I cleaned her, I just kind of admired her for a while. Someone threw her away, and I picked her up for only $3. Seemed like such a shame, and she deserved a proper makeover.
So this is what I did.... I gave her a gray base with a teal chevron pattern.



Originally, I was going to use painter's tape and get the lines exactly perfect, but I changed my mind. I freehanded it, something I was nervous about doing, but something I was ultimately glad I did.
She's not perfect. Some of her lines are crooked or different sizes from the others, but she takes pride in this.
Enjoy your imperfections. They make you who you are.
Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment