Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Thrifted, Vintage Entry

Our apartment is great. I could go on and on about what I love and what I hate about it, but the truth is, I have a roof over my head and plenty of room, so I can't complain too much.
That being said, I have been a little stumped since we moved in about how to decorate what I call our "entry." it's a little piece of wall between the coat closet and the hallway. I had put the little table that I posted about a couple days ago in there, but the wall... it confused me. The thermostat, light switch, and intercom are on that wall, and it's sort of awkward. I mean, how do you decorate around that? I could leave it blank, but OMG do I ever hate blank walls!
See what I'm talking about...
I had hung a little hook for the keys, and tried hanging pictures toward the right side (hence the nails). Blah.
Searching online, I found a huge framed photo of some lilies. Cute, but... not really my thing. You know what is my thing, though? $4 frames of high quality, which it was. I didn't even know what I was going to use it for, but I knew I'd use it, so I bought it.
Then it hit me! Cute vintage frames... gold and silver... collage... that's it!!!
I hung my large frame around the awkward fixtures, filled the empty space with the frames, and then realized I was short a frame... or something. So I grabbed a wooden candy dish I've been wanting to repurpose, spray painted it silver, and hung it up. Perfect!

Last but not least, I hung some prints above that I had bought for $4 a piece at Salvation Army. They remind me of me and my Ava, and since it's next to the coat closet, I thought they were appropriate. Not to mention cute.
 So that's what I did today for less than $15. How about you?
Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment