Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pillows

I just wanted to share a couple of projects I worked on a while back. I love throw pillows SO much, and I find that they are an easy and potentially very inexpensive way of brightening up any space.
First I had this scarf I bought at a rummage sale for $0.50.

Then I pulled it into a bunch and tied it. I sewed it and used trim (actually the neck from an old turtleneck) to finish it.
I just want to brag about this chair for a minute. I got two of them, and they were $5 each at that same rummage sale I got the scarf above and the blouse below from. Just sayin'.

I fell in love with this blouse when I found it for $1 at a rummage sale at St. Mary's in Griffith, IN. I love the vintage feel and the vibrant colors. But the blouse was a size too small for me, so I decided to make it a pillow (my other option was framing the pattern as art, but I really love pillows).


This is your inspiration for the day. If I can make a pillow, so can you. =-)
Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment